All property photos
Click to View
loading your dream home...
Spacious Contemporary Retreat in the Emerald Hills
Designer, high-end touches all around, this stylish property has been completely remodeled and consistently updated inside and out. Immediately impressive, the established landscape and custom, contemporary design extend throughout the property. The home is light, bright, and flowing, highlighted by open staircases, freshly painted interiors, architectural lighting, and restored woodwork. Spanning three levels, the property offers approximately 4,800 square feet of interior space on over one-quarter acre of land. The home includes formal living and dining rooms, dedicated office space, an open chef’s kitchen and family room, and a 3-car garage. There are 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, including a ground floor bedroom with full bath and separate garden entry. The expansive, upper-level primary suite is complete with a fireplace, finished walk-in closet, spa bath, and private terrace that overlooks the lush grounds. Indoor/outdoor living is a breeze with effortless access through French glass doors to a large covered terrace, outdoor kitchen, lush lawns, chic walking paths, and more. Enjoy both vibrant downtown Redwood City and Woodside Village, plus access to top Redwood City schools. Perfectly situated midway between San Francisco and San Jose, this Emerald Hills property is truly a gem in Silicon Valley.
Summary of the Home
· Spacious contemporary retreat on sought-after street
· Extensively remodeled and updated inside and out
· Fresh interior paint, new roof and paver driveway, and restored interior/exterior custom woodwork.
· 5 bedrooms, office, and 4.5 baths on three levels
· Approximately 5,685 total square feet
o Main home: 4,835 square feet
o 3-car garage: 800 square feet
o Mechanical room: 50 square feet
· Level lot of more than one-quarter acre (approximately 12,196 square feet)
· Outstanding outdoor venues including barbecue kitchen and covered terrace
· Thoughtful landscaping and paths
· Across the street from Emerald Hills Golf Course and Redwood City Elks Lodge
· Proximity to downtown Redwood City and Woodside Village
· Acclaimed Roy Cloud Elementary School (K-8) and Northstar Academy (Grades 3-8, rated #1 in CA)
Details of the Home
· Highly desirable Emerald Hills location on sought-after street; includes ample parking options with 3-car garage, large new paver driveway, and on-street availability
· Ultimate curb appeal highlighted by contemporary architecture, established grounds, and stylish combination of metal, stone, and wood
· Bluestone front porch leads to the light and bright open foyer, with towering ceilings open to the second floor
· Freshly painted interiors; Travertine, Limestone, hardwood, and carpeted floors; staircases are a sleek combination of stainless steel and Mahogany, providing cohesion among all three levels
· Interior and exterior woodwork has been recently restored
· The inviting living room enjoys two sets of new French doors to the front balcony with neighborhood views overlooking the golf course; track lighting and fireplace provide added elegance
· Formal dining room is large and bright, positioned off the kitchen, and opens to the lofted entrance; featuring high vaulted ceilings with wood beams, hanging statement pendant, and large windows with verdant views
· Family room is large and spacious; adjacent and open to the kitchen with statement stone fireplace and mantel; glass French doors leading to the covered terrace and level lawn
· Recently updated chef’s kitchen centered around a large island with fabulous new quartz countertops and backsplash; high-end appliances include Miele dishwasher, Sub-Zero fridge, Wolf range top, and Viking double ovens. Continuous kitchen/family room area opens to the covered terrace and outdoor kitchen; breakfast area between kitchen and dining area provides additional dining options
· Outdoor kitchen with granite countertops, built-in barbecue, counter seating, and natural gas firepit, accessible from the family room, makes indoor/outdoor living easy
· The extraordinary upper-level primary suite is spacious with a custom walk-in closet, gas fireplace, and private terrace. The luxurious bath includes glass and stone stall shower with side sprays and steam, jetted tub, bidet, and double sink vanity
· Three other significantly sized bedrooms on the upper level, all with fresh paint, sharing 2 updated baths; significant linen and luggage closet storage in the landing areas
· Ground-floor bedroom suite with full bath, walk-in closet, and easy access off the foyer and garden, offering flexible space perfect for guests or an au pair
· Dedicated office off the foyer near the attached garage offers flexible options for today’s work/study-from-home needs
· Laundry room/pantry with General Electric side-by-side washer and dryer, plus built-in cabinetry topped with quartz, and a stainless steel sink
· Attached 3-car garage with excellent storage and wood paneled doors
· Gorgeous landscaping defined by lush lawn, clean hardscape, natural plants, mature fruit trees, and raised garden beds
· Other features include Andersen windows and doors, high-efficiency furnace, upstairs air conditioning, two water heaters, two new sump pumps for rain runoff, and roof and chimney trims updated in the last two years
· Monitored alarm system
· Steps from Emerald Hills Golf Course and Redwood City Elks Lodge
· Ideal Silicon Valley location, midway between San Francisco and San Jose, effortlessly close to commute routes and Highway 280
· Enjoy both vibrant downtown Redwood City and Woodside Village, as well as access to top Redwood City schools
California may be known for its temperate weather, but Redwood City boasts the added distinction of having tied the Canary Islands and North Africa’s Mediterranean Coast for the world’s best climate in a 1920s U.S. and German test -- hence, the city’s motto, which officials have plastered on signs around town: “Climate Best by Government Test.” Around 81,000 people live in Redwood City according to 2013 United States Census Bureau estimates.
The city is located near the middle of the San Francisco Peninsula and is surrounded by rolling hills and bay shoreline. Redwood City also boasts a revitalized downtown, which is home to restaurants, bars, and nightclubs, as well as the San Mateo County government center and courthouse. Some downtown parking meters even let you add time via cell phone.
The city limits include the Redwood Shores neighborhood on the waterfront, which is physically separate from the rest of Redwood City and borders San Carlos and Belmont. The district houses the headquarters of Oracle Corp. and Electronic Arts. In the hills above the city lies the Emerald Hills neighborhood, a beautiful residential area that’s home to Edgewood Park & Natural Preserve and close to Interstate 280.
The median household income is $79,000, and the median home value is $765,000 according to 2013 U.S. Census Bureau data. Of the city’s 29,167 housing units, 52 percent are owner occupied.